A top-notch Basic Nursing curriculum is available at the FCT College of Nursing Sciences in Gwagwalada, giving students a strong foundation in the nursing field. In the field of nursing education, the School of Nursing Gwagwalada shines as a brilliant example of excellence. This institution has established itself as a pillar for aspiring healthcare providers in the area thanks to its commitment to developing talented and caring nursing professionals.
Admission Requirements for FCT School of Nursing, Gwagwalada
Candidates must have the following in order to be accepted into the Basic Nursing program:
- Five CREDIT passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at no more than two sittings in WAEC, GCE, NECO, or NABTEB. Keep in mind that NABTEB results can only be added to other NABTEB results.
- Candidates cannot be under the age of 17 (seventeen) or pregnant.
- Candidates whose results are pending are ineligible to apply.
How to Submit an Application for Admission to FCT School of Nursing Gwagwalada
Follow these procedures to apply for the Basic Nursing Program:
- Visit www.consap.fcthhss.abj.gov.ng to access the College of Nursing Sciences Application Portal (CONSAP).
- Fill out the User Registration Form to register and supply the required information.
- Note down the Application Number and Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) code that were created.
- Utilize the CONSAP platform to complete the payment procedure.
- Utilize your application number and phone number to log into the CONSAP portal.
- Complete the application process, print your exam slip, which includes the location, date, and time of your exam.
Types of Nursing programs offered at FCT School of Nursing Gwagwalada
The School of Nursing Gwagwalada offers a range of nursing education programs with the aim of giving aspiring healthcare professionals the skills, knowledge, and exposure they need to succeed. People with varied educational backgrounds and career aspirations might benefit from these programs. The following program types are often provided by the School of Nursing in Gwagwalada:
- Basic Nursing Programs: Also known as “basic” or “generic” nursing programs, these programs are frequently used in nursing education. They are made for people who want to begin a career in nursing and have a high school diploma or its equivalent. Basic nursing schools offer thorough instruction in the core concepts of nursing, practical abilities, and healthcare ethics.
- 2. Post-Basic Nursing Programs: Post-basic nursing programs are made for people who are already registered nurses (RNs) who want to further specialize in a particular field of nursing. In specialist areas including pediatric nursing, psychiatric nursing, midwifery, and critical care nursing, these schools provide advanced study and clinical training.
How to become a Registered Nurse or Midwife in Nigeria
The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) has provided certain pathways for people who want to work as nurses in the nation.
The Nigerian Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMCN) is the organization in charge of regulating nurses and midwives in the nation.
These routes consist of;
- Nursing School Program
- Basic Midwifery Programs
- University’s Nursing School (B.NSc.
School of Basic Nursing Programs
This is a three-year, hospital-based basic general nursing program. Upon successful completion, you will get a Certificate in General Nursing (RN) and be regarded as a Registered Nurse.
With a few exceptions, most university teaching hospitals manage the School of Nursing (SON).
You must fill out a form in order to enroll, and you won’t be enrolled until you’ve passed the admission exams, physical interviews, and medical exams. Jamb (UTME) results are not required in order to participate in the nursing program. After you have completed the professional tests, you will be given a license to practice upon satisfactory completion of the program.
School Of Basic Midwifery Programs
This is a three (3) year Basic Midwifery Education Program, following which you will be considered a Registered Midwife (RM) and get a diploma in General Midwifery.
Since you might require a general nursing qualification in addition to this route in order to practice, it is less common now that people are concentrating on alternative career paths.
University’s Nursing Science Programs
You must take the UTME and post-UTME in addition to the admission requirement of five credits in English, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry in no more than two sittings. You will need to research the cutoff scores for these two exams since they vary from university to university.
You can get a bachelor’s degree in nursing science (B.NSc. ), registered nursing (RN), registered midwifery (RM), or registered public health nursing (RPH) after completing this five-year program.
Frequent Ask Question about FCT School of Nursing Gwagwalada
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the School of Nursing Gwagwalada, along with their answers:
Q1: What is the School of Nursing Gwagwalada? The School of Nursing Gwagwalada is an educational institution that offers nursing programs and training for individuals aspiring to become registered nurses or advance their nursing careers. It provides a comprehensive education in nursing theory, clinical practice, and ethical principles.
Q2: What types of nursing programs are offered at the School of Nursing Gwagwalada? The School of Nursing Gwagwalada typically offers basic nursing programs, post-basic nursing programs. These programs cater to individuals with different educational backgrounds and career goals.
Q3: How can I apply for admission to the School of Nursing Gwagwalada? To apply for admission, you generally need to visit the school’s official website or contact their admissions office directly. The application process usually involves submitting an application form, relevant academic transcripts, and meeting specific admission requirements.
Q4: What are the admission requirements for the nursing programs? Admission requirements can vary based on the specific program. Basic nursing programs may require a high school diploma or its equivalent, while post-basic programs might require candidates to be registered nurses..
Q5: What is the duration of the nursing programs at the School of Nursing Gwagwalada? The duration of the programs can vary. Basic nursing programs might be around 3 to 4 years, post-basic programs could vary depending on the specialization.
Q6: Is the School of Nursing Gwagwalada accredited? Accreditation ensures that the school’s nursing programs meet certain educational standards and quality benchmarks. It’s important to check if the School of Nursing Gwagwalada is
The School of Nursing Gwagwalada is a towering example of excellence, compassion, and creativity in the field of nursing education. It distinguishes itself as a distinctive and outstanding school via its dedication to developing well-rounded nursing professionals, linking theory with practice, interacting with the community, and cultivating a culture of research. The School of Nursing Gwagwalada is unwavering in its commitment to producing knowledgeable, sympathetic, and committed nurses who will improve healthcare as it continues to change.